FM200 is the replacement option for Halon which is no longer in commercial use. Like Halon, FM200 is a liquefiable gas, stored in liquid form and only achieving its operating gas state when released at the dispersion point. FM200 extinguishes fires through a chemical reaction so the oxygen level in the facility remains at a breathable level. FM200 requires a relatively limited volume of stored liquid, so is the preferred choice where space is limited.
How it works.
There is a common misconception that FM200 gas reduces oxygen. This is not true! FM200 is a synthetic fire suppression gas which extinguishes fires by removing the free radicals or heat elements from the ‘Oxygen, Heat and Fuel’ fire triangle.
Benefits & Features
- Fast & effective
- No significant reduction in oxygen levels
- Clean gaseous agent leaving no residue
- Zero ozone depleting potential
- Low global warming potential
- Short atmospheric life span
- Electronically non-conductive
- Safe for use in fully occupied areas
- Minimal storage requirement
- Versatile range of containers, nozzle and ancillaries
- Extensively tested, recognised and approved worldwide
- Effective on site fire alarm installation
- Computer Areas
- Gas Turbines
- Oil Industry Installations
- Power Generation
- Museums and Archives
As a widely used substitute to Halon, FM200 Fire Suppression is an effective and clean fire suppressant suitable for safeguarding facilities which utilised the older Halon system. It is both colourless and odourless and is suitable for safeguarding electrical hazards including computer rooms.
It has a abbreviated dispatch time of 10 seconds and can respond rapidly to fires. Unlike water or foam-based extinguishers, there is no residue after it is discharged. FM200 Fire Suppression is in compliance with ISO 14520 and NFPA 2001 standards. This product is friendly to the environment and has zero ozone depletion potential.
Please feel free to contact us on: 0118 979 3534, by email at: email@example.com or via the enquiry form on the contact us page if you have any questions or would like a no-obligation quotation.